Removal of an ingrown nail by laser
An ingrown toenail can cause a lot of trouble. Pain and swelling force us to limit our movement and choice of shoes, and the suppuration that joins them calls into question the possibility of an active lifestyle. Clinic “Marlen” offers laser removal services for ingrown toenails in Minsk.
- General information
- ⏰ Duration 30-40 minutes
- ✅How many procedures1 procedure
- ? Recovery 14 days
- ?Equipment EVOMATRIX CO2 laser
- ? Cost from 100 BYN
The procedure takes no more than 30-40 minutes, while it solves the problem once and for all, but we draw the ATTENTION of PATIENTS to this! Re-ingrown nail after the manipulation can occur for the following reasons:
– PATIENTS WITH FLAT FEET DO NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITH THE ORTHOPEDIC DOCTOR (DO NOT SELECT ORTHOPEDIC INSOLES OR ORTHOPEDIC SHOES);
– PATIENTS (MAJORLY WOMEN) CONTINUE TO WEAR TIGHT SHOES;
– PATIENTS CONTINUE TO CUT THE NAIL PLATE, ROUNDING THE EDGES;
– PHYSIOLOGICAL FEATURES (WIDE NAIL PLATE IS ALWAYS IN THE RISK GROUP FOR INGrowth);
– GENETIC TENDENCY TO GROW.
These reasons are the result of systemic ingrown nail plate in patients, therefore, the patient should not blame the doctor for a careless attitude to his health. THE DOCTOR CALLS TO TREAT THE CAUSE OF THE PATIENT, AS TO SOLVE THE IMMEDIATE PROBLEM – THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO LONG-TERM REMISSION.
- Only 1% of patients return to the clinic to have their ingrown toenail removed by laser again (REASONS SHOWN ABOVE) ;
- In 90% of cases, the operation is painless (local anesthesia is used);
- The laser removes only the ingrown part of the nail plate, so the aesthetics of the feet are not lost – in a couple of weeks you will be able to freely wear your favorite shoes;
- Protein coagulation during the operation contributes to the elimination of infection – suppuration and fungus do not return after it.
The flexibility of equipment settings and absolute safety allow even a child to remove a nail with a laser. And this is the best option. Since healing after such an operation is many times faster than after surgical extirpation. The child will be able to return to activity from the very first days.
Preparation for laser removal of an ingrown toenail
Long preparatory procedures for the operation are not required. It can be carried out directly on the day of treatment, provided that the patient has the results of a general blood and urine test on hand, carried out no earlier than 10 days before the treatment. You also need to see a therapist.
All these measures make it possible to exclude contraindications for laser removal of an ingrown nail, such as:
- Diabetes mellitus and other endocrine diseases;
- Viral and bacterial infections;
- Violation of blood clotting;
- Immunodeficiency states.
Surgery to remove an ingrown nail: do it for a fee or for free?
Outpatient surgery rooms operate in hospitals and polyclinics, in which patients are offered an alternative option for removing an ingrown toenail – surgery. When choosing between it and paid laser treatment, you should carefully weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each method:
- Free is the main advantage of extirpation. You can go to the clinic any day and without money in your pocket. And how much it costs to remove an ingrown nail with a laser in Minsk will have to be recognized and compared;
- During surgery, the plate is completely removed with suturing. Therefore, rehabilitation can take up to 2 months. The laser removes only ingrown edges, and the coagulating properties of the beam eliminate the need for additional manipulations. Complete healing takes no more than 2 weeks;
- After complete extirpation, the nail plate also grows uneven – in 30-40% of cases, a second operation is required. After the laser, the shape is preserved, which provides protection against ingrowth.
Laser removal is an advanced technique, which is worth using for your own comfort and in order to avoid repeated operations.
Laser nail removal at the clinic “Marlen”
Only a combination of two factors can guarantee the high efficiency of treatment – modern equipment and the professionalism of doctors. In our clinic, they are perfectly combined with comfortable conditions:
- You can make an appointment for a doctor’s consultation and surgery any day, including weekends;
- It is possible to carry out laser removal of the nail plate on the day of treatment;
- The EVOMATRIX device has high accuracy and flexibility of settings, which allows even children to perform operations;
- Experienced doctors skillfully select the power and depth of exposure personally for each patient;
- We perform laser removal under local anesthesia, which relieves you of discomfort during the procedure and allows you to go home on your own immediately after its completion.
“Marlen” is a combination of professionalism and innovation aimed at your benefit. Don’t delay your treatment – book an appointment now!
Work experience: more than 10 years