Laser removal of age spots Pico Star Asclepion
Removal of age spotsLaser (Pico Star Asclepion) in Minsk – a popular procedure, which is resorted to by women who dream of having an even and beautiful skin tone.
PICO STAR manufactured by Asclepion is approved by the FDA and has registration certificate of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus.
- Common information
- ⏰ Duration from 20 minutes
- ✅ How many procedures 2-4 procedures
- ?Recovery 7-10 days
- ? Equipment Pico Star Asclepion
- ? Price from 100 BYN
Causes of age spots
Age spots are the result of a local accumulation of melanin. This pigment determines the color of the skin and provides biological protection of the deep layers of the skin from ultraviolet radiation.
Factors that provoke the formation of age spots:
- UV exposure;
- hormonal changes;
- age factor of aging;
- hereditary predisposition;
- consequences of injuries and inflammatory processes on the skin;
- hypersensitivity of the skin when taking medications;
- Violation of the internal organs: gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys.
The list of tests that will help determine the cause of pigmentation:
- general blood test;
- biochemical analysis with total protein in the blood;
- blood test for ALT (alanine aminotransferase);
- AST blood test (aspartate aminotransferase);
- Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (Gamma-GT) blood test
- blood test for cholesterol;
- blood test for bilirubin;
- blood glucose test;
- blood test for magnesium (Mg);
- blood test for the level of Zinc (Zn);
- blood test for Ferritin levels;
- blood test for copper (Cu), ionized calcium;
- blood test for vitamin B12, D levels;
- blood test for antibodies to thyroperoxidase (anti-TPO), prolactin, cortisol, testosterone (total and free), estradiol, progesterone;
Indications for the use of laser therapy
The desire to remove pigmentation on the face is of an aesthetic nature, since these formations often look ugly and are regarded as a cosmetic defect.
Varieties of pigment spots that the laser can remove:
- Freckles are small pigment spots from light yellow to brown. Favorite placements – face, hands, shoulders, back.
- Chloasma – focal hyperpigmentation of the skin most often on the face (forehead, nose, cheeks) in the form of light brown spots.
- Xanthomas are benign formations in the form of yellowish papules (nodules) located on the face, limbs, buttocks.
- Lentigo – spots from light to dark brown, with uneven contours, appearing on the face, neck, hands.
- Keratomas are dense plaques, nodes, growths that rise above the level of the skin with localization in open areas of the body: face, neck, hands. They occur in old age.
Contraindications to the procedure
- Age up to 18 years.
- Periods of pregnancy and lactation.
- Fresh tan.
- Systemic blood diseases.
- Oncological processes.
- Acute infectious diseases.
- Decompensated diabetes mellitus.
- Predisposition to the formation of keloid scars.
- Violation of the integrity of the skin (scratches, abrasions) at the site of the intended action of the laser.
Laser pigmentation treatment
Preparation and conduct of the procedure
- Before removing age spots with a laser, it is necessary to undergo a general examination of the body in order to identify possible contraindications. A week before the procedure, you can not sunbathe, visit the solarium.
- Laser removal of age spots on the face is carried out on an outpatient basis. The patient’s eyes are covered with goggles that protect against radiation. Local anesthesia – by injecting an anesthetic solution around the pigment spot.
- The doctor treats the affected area with an antiseptic, then directs the laser beam to the pigment spot.
- Laser therapy is based on the process of converting the electromagnetic radiation of a laser device into thermal energy. Under the action of high temperature, melanin is destroyed. On the destroyed area of the skin, due to the multiplication of cells of the germ layer, a new healthy tissue regenerates without signs of hyperpigmentation.
- Fine tuning of the parameters of the laser device (power, wavelength) allows you to control the depth and area of exposure, which eliminates the possibility of damage to healthy tissues.
- Redness and slight swelling may appear on the skin immediately after surgery. This is a normal reaction of the skin to laser radiation, which will pass on its own in a few hours.
- Superficially located pigment spots of small diameter are removed using laser irradiation in 1-2 procedures. If melanin is located in the cells of the deep layer of the skin, then more sessions will be required for its destruction.
- The effect of the treatment will appear in 7-10 days. Within 2-3 weeks after laser treatment, the skin should be protected from UV radiation. In the summer, sunscreen must be applied to the face before going out.
Laser resurfacing for age spots
The laser beam removes the upper layers of the epidermis in layers along with the melanin contained in the cells. With the help of laser resurfacing, the skin becomes smooth, elastic, in addition to age spots, small mimic wrinkles also disappear.
Where to remove age spots?
Violation of the technology of using a laser in the process of removing age spots can lead to complications such as: burns, the formation of scar tissue. It is recommended to carry out the procedure only in medical centers licensed to perform these operations.
How much does it cost to remove pigmentation with a laser?
The price of one session depends on the diameter of the spot, the depth of the pigment (melanin), and the localization of the formation. The number of required courses and the final cost of laser therapy is determined after consultation with a specialist.
To determine the nature and nature of the removed tissue fragment, we recommend histological examination.
Work experience: more than 15 years