Lipoma (popularly known as “wen”) is a benign tumor formed by mature fat cells. The formation can be localized on the head, back, face, hands. An oblong or rounded neoplasm has a soft elastic texture, is not prone to rapid growth and practically does not cause discomfort. An exception are wen, localized in close proximity to the neurovascular bundles. Increasing in size, they can compress adjacent structures and cause serious complications.
Center for Aesthetic Medicine “Marlen” offers a modern way to remove lipomas using a progressive laser system – a medical laser СО2 «EVOMATRIX».
- Common information
- ⏰ Duration from 10 minutes
- ✅ How many procedures is needed 1 procedure
- ? Recovery 7-10 days
- ? Equipment Evomatrix CO2
- ? Price from 20 BYN
The Marlen Center for Aesthetic Medicine offers the following prices for laser removal of benign skin tumors (lipomas):
Prices may vary depending on the complexity of the doctor’s work and the location of the neoplasm.
Causes of lipomas
To date, scientists have not been able to reach a consensus on why lipomas develop and why multiple lipomas are more common than single formations. Lipomatosis has nothing to do with the weight category of the patient and the amount of subcutaneous fat in his body, since formations can appear even in very slender people. According to researchers, the appearance of wen is associated with a genetic predisposition. It can also be provoked by a violation of metabolic processes in the body, hormonal failure, thyroid disease. Some scientists are convinced that wen occur due to malfunctions of the gallbladder and liver, as well as due to slagging of the body.
Varieties of lipomas
In accordance with the histological structure, several varieties of superficially located lipomas are distinguished:
- soft tissue (fat formation in soft tissue, enclosed in a fibrous capsule);
- myolipoma (tumor with components of muscle fibers);
- intermuscular (localized in the cellular space between muscles);
- spilled (bulky fat mass without clearly defined boundaries, deforming and increasing the volume of the affected area);
- adenolipoma (contains structural components of sweat glands);
- lipoma of the tendon sheath (formed in the connective tissue membranes that connect the muscles to the tendons);
- angiolipoma (wen, including blood vessels)
Indications for removal
Laser removal of lipoma becomes the method of choice in the following situations:
- localization on open areas of the body (for aesthetic reasons);
- patient’s desire;
- high risk of injury;
- dysfunction of the affected area;
- rapid growth of the neoplasm, the danger of soldering with the underlying tissues.
Painful, inflamed subcutaneous wen and deep lipomas that compress internal organs are subject to immediate surgical excision.
Laser lipoma removal is not performed in the presence of the following problems:
- infectious and inflammatory processes in the affected area;
- elevated body temperature;
- immunodeficiency state.
Preparation and procedure for the procedure
To confirm the feasibility of laser vaporization and exclude the presence of possible contraindications, a visual examination is carried out and, if necessary, an additional diagnostic examination is prescribed. Removal of a lipoma in Minsk, in the center of aesthetic medicine “Marlen”, is performed on an outpatient basis and does not require special training.
Previously, the problem area of the skin is disinfected and anesthetized. Next, the surgeon performs a micro-incision and, using the fractional carbon dioxide laser EvoMATRIX, peels off the fat capsule. Thanks to the simultaneous sealing of the blood vessels, the operation is absolutely bloodless. Finally, the wound is closed with sutures and a sterile dressing with antibacterial ointment. The total duration of the procedure does not exceed 15-30 minutes.
Важно! The lipoma never resolves on its own. Therefore, the sooner the patient seeks medical help, the smaller the size of the surgical field will be and the faster the rehabilitation will take place.
To speed up wound healing after removal of a lipoma, it is recommended to adhere to the following rules:
- the first 3-5 days avoid mechanical impacts, water and cosmetics;
- daily treat the problem area with the recommended antiseptic and regenerative preparation;
- to refrain from intense physical activity until the stitches are removed;
- until complete healing, refuse to swim in ponds, visit swimming pools, baths and saunas.
The final recovery may take from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 months.
Benefits of laser lipoma removal
- When removing lipomas with a laser, only the lipoma itself is removed, healthy tissues are not affected.
- Healthy tissues are not injured.
- When using a laser, removal occurs with minimal blood loss, since the laser coagulates the vessels.
- When using a laser, the equipment does not come into contact with the skin, which excludes infection with hepatitis and HIV infection.
- A rough scar is not provoked at the site of removal of lipomas.
Work experience: more than 10 years