Laser removal of aretoma
Atheromas are benign neoplasms on the human body that resemble ball–shaped swellings in appearance, the size of which can reach up to 5 cm. The Center for Aesthetic Medicine “Marlen” offers a modern method of removing atheromas using a very advanced laser system — the medical CO2 laser СО2 «EVOMATRIX» of 2018..
- General information
- ⏰ Duration from 10 minutes
- ✅ How many procedures are needed1 procedure
- ?Recovery 7-10 days
- ?Equipment Evomatrix CO2
- ? Cost from 20 BYN
The following prices for laser removal of benign skin neoplasms (atheroma) are available at the Center of Aesthetic Medicine “Marlen”::
Prices may vary depending on the complexity of the doctor’s work and the location of the neoplasm.
Causes of atheroma
Atheroma is diagnosed as a cyst of the sebaceous gland. If there is a blockage of the sebaceous duct and there is no way out of the sebum, in this case, encapsulation occurs deep in the dermis, which leads to the accumulation of subcutaneous fat and becomes noticeable on the surface of the skin. The degeneration of atheromas into malignant neoplasms does not occur, however, it can lead to inflammation.
Atheroma occurs when the sebaceous glands are clogged, which may be due to:
- Excessive consumption of fats, including trans fats.
- Puberty, when the sebaceous glands produce excess sebum.
- Hormonal shift or inflammatory process.
- Skin disease (acne).
- Improper use of cosmetics.
- Improper care of the person producing excess sebum.
- The presence of obesity in the patient.
Where atheromas can form
Atheromas can occur in the tissues of the body where the sebaceous glands are most densely located. These are areas of skin in such places:
- 1. Face.
- 2. The head is in the hairy part
- 3. The back of the neck
- 4. Back.
- 5. Groin, perineum.
It is impossible to get rid of atheromas with improvised means at home, since they lie in the epithelium of the skin.
Before and after photos
Advantages of laser removal of atheroma
- When removing an atheroma with a laser, only the atheroma itself is removed, healthy tissues are not exposed.
- Healthy tissues are not injured compared to such removal methods as cryodestruction or electrocoagulation.
- When using a laser, removal occurs with minimal blood loss, as the laser coagulates blood vessels.
- When using a laser, the equipment does not come into contact with the skin, which excludes infection with hepatitis and HIV infection.
- A scar at the site of atheroma removal is not provoked.
Ater laser removal technique
- Laser removal of atheroma is carried out by a very progressive laser СО2 «EVOMATRIX» 2018 year of release. It is very convenient and comfortable to work on this equipment.
- The advantages are that the laser allows you to choose a very thin beam to remove small-sized atheroma. If the atheroma is large, an additional visit to the doctor may be required.
- The doctor can use completely different settings, taking into account all the features of the human body, the structure of the skin, the patient’s age and a number of other factors.
- Removal of atheromas can be carried out almost painlessly. The doctor may recommend various methods of anesthesia.
Date of publication: 10/20/2018
Date of update: 04/07/2012